OrderingWe aim to make ordering as simple as possible - we know how frustrating some online stores can be! Whilst we don't ask you to register to shop with us, you can do so and your orders and addresses will be saved to make it quicker next time
- Placing an online order requires just a few steps: Select an item you would like to purchase, and then click the ADD TO BASKET button from either the a product category or product detail page. You can then choose to continue shopping or go directly to Checkout. Once you are finished shopping, click on Shopping Cart at the top right corner of page, and follow the Checkout steps. You will receive an email confirming your order that includes your order number.
If you are experiencing trouble checking out, then most problems are solved by making sure your browser is up to date on the computer or device you are using. We test our website with the latest browsers on Windows, Mac and mobile devices so you shouldn't have a problem if you are up to date. If you still have trouble placing an order then get in touch and we'll see if we can help.
- We use Barclay Card processing and Paypal for all of our payments and if you have trouble with checkout it is likely you are entering an incorrect address or security verification details for your card. If you do have trouble, try another payment card or type. It is rare to have problems, but if you do and you cannot figure it out from the message you will see on the website, give us a call on 01508 489361 or email us at and we can try and find out more.
- If you have a Candle & Cake account, you can sign in to check your Order Status. If you do not have an account, you may call us at 01508 489361 with your order number. Once your order ships, you will receive a shipping notification that includes tracking information. You can track your shipment through the carrier using this information.
PaymentGet answers to your payment related questions here. Rest assured we take your card & payment security seriously which is why we use only the best levels of security and payment partners
- We currently accept Visa, Mastercard & Maestro cards. All card payments are processed via Barclaycard. We do not store your card details at all.
- You card will be charged at the point of checkout. We only show in-stock items in our store so you pay at checkout at those items are yours!
- You also have the option to pay via PayPal. In order to do this, select PayPal as your preferred payment method during checkout, and at the end of the ordering process you will be directed to PayPal. If you are already a PayPal customer, you can log in with your user data and confirm the payment.
- Once you have chosen your products and placed them in your shopping basket, click on your basket to view its contents. On this page, you can also enter your discount code/coupon. Click on Apply Coupon to use your discount. The discount amount is automatically deducted from the total order value.
Shipping & DeliveryWe aim to ship all of our orders within 24 hours of receipt. We then give you the choice of delivery methods that best suit your needs. We've collated some of the most commonly asked delivery and shipping questions below.
We are very pleased to offer FREE delivery on all uk mainland addresses, on orders totalling £40 or over. Orders are packed and dispatched on either the day they were ordered, or the next working day. Orders that are less than £40 in value will be charged a rate selected by you at checkout
We currently offer the following delivery options:
FREE Standard Delivery Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY in 3-5 working days. Standard Tracked Delivery £2.95 Delivery in 3-5 working days. Express Tracked Delivery £4.95 Delivery in 1-2 working days. Next Day Guaranteed Delivery Overnight Next Day - £6.95 (orders must have been placed by 1pm the previous day). Monday to Friday only. Saturday Delivery £9.95 Delivery by 5.30pm, orders must have been received by 1pm the Friday before European Delivery £9.95 to £19.95. Delivery in 5 working days. USA Delivery £29.99. Delivery in 7 working days.
Standard Delivery (Free and Tracked) times are 3-5 working days after ordering. You should allow 5 working days from when you receive the dispatch email.
Express tracked delivery options offer delivery in 1-2 days.
No items are dispatched during weekends and bank holidays. If you order on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, your order will dispatched the following Monday. If you order on a bank holiday, your order will dispatched the following Tuesday.
If you have a query about an order you have not received yet please call us on 01508 489361, or email us at email@example.com
For orders sent with our Free Standard, Standard Tracked, Express Tracked, Guaranteed Overnight & Saturday services you will have received a tracking ID in your Shipping Confirmation mail sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use this ID to check on your parcel with the carrier. The carrier we have sent your parcel with will also be shown in this email (i.e. Royal Mail, DPD Local etc).
For Royal Mail deliveries track your item here: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
For DPD Local / Interlink deliveries track your item here: https://www.dpdlocal.co.uk/content/how-can-we-help/index.jsp
Depending upon the service and your parcel size, you may also receive SMS and Email notifications to advise you of your parcels progress through the delivery network. For overnight deliveries you will also be advised of the delivery window by the courier.
ReturnsIn the rare event that you have an issue with a product or you don't like what you have bought then you can return then to us for a refund. See below for how to do this and our terms and conditions.
- Yes! Of course we want you to be happy with your order. But if for any reason you need to return something, rest assured you have 30 days to do so. We need to receive your return within 30 days of ordering in order to process a refund. If possible please email us to let us know the reason for returning. We only ask that goods are returned unused, and in original unopened packaging. We are happy to offer exchange, credit note, or full refund (less packaging and delivery costs if applicable) to the original payment method. If you wish to return an item to us please include the following information:
Customer name Customer address Contact telephone number/email address Order number Please obtain a certificate of posting as proof in the unlikely even the item goes astray (free of charge from the post office). The address for returns is: Candle & Cake Ltd Unit 2 Ashwellthorpe Industrial Estate Norfolk NR16 1ER
ColoursWe know that finding the right colours is important to your celebration or party. We live and breathe our products and do our best to make sure what you see and read on our website is as accurate as possible.
We try our very hardest to make sure that the colour you see in our shop is as close to how it looks as possible. To help your understand if the colours you choose are right we've put some information together for you:
1. All of our photos are taken in the same studio light to minimise differences
2. We call our products the colours they are where sometimes manufacturers call them misleading names
3. We group products into colour themes and take pride in our assessment of the colours
Unfortunately every manufacturer uses slightly different shades of colours to each other. This means that despite our best efforts some variation will inevitably occur. And as we source only the best products of given types you might find that a pink plate is a slightly different shade to a pink cup as they are sourced differently.
However, don't worry! We find that adding some variation to your table and party layouts is actually a GREAT thing to do - it really makes a look stand out. If you are in doubt though, please email us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer your question
Balloons & HeliumQuestions about our balloons and balloon accessories? We've put our mostly commonly asked questions here to help you get the best out of balloons and helium.
That depends! We sell many types of balloons and 2 sizes of helium. See below for how many balloons you can get out of each.